Saturday, June 18, 2011

Osaka

For those of you that do not know Zoe and I have decided to end our trip about three weeks sooner due to several reasons. Without going into too much explanation it is due to multiple reasons including we look like bums in Japan, dollar are not worth anything here, we feel it is time to go home, and I personally miss moxie and other Maine stuff. So we will be home in 10 days.


Today we got up at 5:30, ate as much food as we could in two minutes then went to the train station. We took the train into town, got our tickets, had 200 yen left over and no access to an atm because it was 7 in the morning. Luckily McDonalds was open, and for the first time in a very long time I went in a bought a coffee. 


In this picture you can also see my haircut which is crazy. Zoe calls me muffin head. I prefer crooked muffin head. There are parts about a half inch long that I did myself.... accidentally....


100_3398



Max Zoy? More creative spelling on our names.


100_3394



The 5 hour bus ride which turned into 6 hours due to traffic was completely uneventful other than seeming long and lots or rain. I managed to write down a good part of a movie script for a horror film that I would love to make at Hartwick next spring. It was partially inspired listening to J.J. Abrams being interviewed on "Fresh Air."


So we get to Osaka and got about 7 hours to kill before we meet up with our couch surfing host. I have yet to see a couch in Japan yet by the way, it is totally cultural and unfair. It should be Futon Surfing. Okay, anyways, first I got lost, then I got pissed off, then we had lunch and I was 100% happy again.


Then we stumbled upon this little gem, no joking here! We went in and got a little homesick. Although this particular store had cooler stuff than the big one in Maine has. Our Couch Surfing host knew of this brand and said it is quite popular here.


100_3403


No comments:

Post a Comment