Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Beginning of Fall, Sophomore Year

There is already talk of midterms. I feel I have yet to really enjoy living in a place with such natural beauty, cooped up inside doing work and throwing bowls, cups, and mugs. I took this photo in the rain while standing in front of the weather station at Pine Lake.

Rainbow @ Pine Lake

My first batch of bowls are on the second and top shelf, the pink bowls in the middle are hand built by another class. Ryan is in the red shirt spacing out. 

Wheel throwing with Ryan.

I'm running the sauna on Sundays now, it is lovely as always. Recently I met a local sadhu named Ken passing through on his way back from India. His family use to own Pine Lake before they sold it to Hartwick. Ken had a lot of interesting stories, he seems to be a practicing Buddhist of sorts. Religion seems to be a theme at the lake long before students ever dwelled here.

Pine Lake Sauna.

It has become cold and rainy already. The leaves have turned early. Time is passing too quickly. Clouds pull through the valley early in the morning. Ominous smoke rises from the charcoal pits of Brooks BBQ, I can see it from Davenport while I drive to school.

The Pine Lake Robertson Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment