Monday, August 22, 2011

Starting up the blog for the school year.

Hello World.


I am re-booting "The American" blog for the school year. I have taken a long break, now I'm ready. I recently heard and enjoyed quoting this to a friend of mine: "[I hope that this last year] was just the trailer, the real picture show starts now." Let's hope that's true.


I had a goal of making a book about this last year. I wanted to finish it this summer. It will be called "The American Gap Year." It has not yet been completed, although it has a decent start. I will keep you all posted on when it will come out. It has been difficult for many reasons, including the meaning of the gap year still unraveling in my head, which will continue, I am sure, for a very long time. I will attempt. Soon.


I am sure I have mentioned the name of the college I will be attending this fall, but due to being unsure how I can safely use the name I shall refer to it as Hogwarts. As for a location, Hogwarts is located somewhere in the state of New York. I am packing my wand. And a nerf gun.


The last week and a half has been an up and down journey both emotionally and it seems through time. Today seemed very 90's. Yesterday the terrible modern went to New York City for school. I have bought new materials for school myself. A friend from England visited and left. Difficulties have peaked and begun to decompress. New ways of life and how I will spend my time seems just around the corner.


Six days until I go to school! I will be in the Hufflepuff house, otherwise known as freshmen honors housing.

No comments:

Post a Comment