Tuesday, October 5, 2010

you could call it art?

Today should be my last day with a broken camera. It has produced some unique photos since the screen is broken, meaning I cannot choose the settings. Here is me at the Vatican.




I met a man from California and had lunch with him. I had 1 glass of wine and he drank 3. He then became semi-racist and passionately opinionated about the States health care system. I had agreed earlier to show him this fountain (below) and take him to the train station near by, so I felt bad about leaving him. He came close to the line when he started hassling every woman in his vicinity. This included shop keepers who threatened to call the police, and a female police officer. I really thought she was going to beat his ass with the club she carried. Anyways I got him to the train station and he bought some beer, we parted on the spot. He definitely appreciated my company.

Back to the fountain, you're suppose to throw coins in and make a wish, according to legend it will become true. I threw 3 coins in, I wished for good health for everybody in my family, for comfort to come to Zoe in this difficult time, and for my personal skillful action to develop.


Later on Chris (my hostel cellmate) and I went for a walk. The colosseum looks great at night!




Chris and I walked really far. He is a university student looking for a flat in the area, I decided to check one out with him. This blurred picture below is the really awesome old elevators, with the 2 doors you open by hand. It can squeeze in 4 people. I would rent the flat for that!


The subway is very similar to Barcelona, only spray painted a ton, and it doesn't smell like piss.


I thought of my british friends at EcoDharma, who occasionally swear "bloody hell".

No comments:

Post a Comment