Monday, November 29, 2010

bumming around Spannocchia

I had quite a bit of time at Spannocchia, I spent most of it trying to take in the scenery. This is the secret garden.... it's not much of a secret anymore....




This is my good friend Zeus, one of four of my canine like friends at Spannocchia.


Drying grapes for vin santo!



This is Santa Lucia, the standing building use to be a monastery, next to it was the church that has fallen.



I did see a live wild boar there! It was a massive pig, much larger than what I have seen in Spain.


This is the key I got for my room at the hostel on my way back through Rome. I was in the attic, and it had a serious lock to keep out.... I never found out what it was to keep out....

3 comments:

  1. when i first saw the photo i thought zeus was a hedgehog or somewhat. but he is really canine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so. Zeus is about 80lbs. He is an aggressive cuddler as well.

    And thanks! I try to take good photos.

    ReplyDelete