Thursday, December 2, 2010

trying to get home

I have had a good time in Dublin. When I got off the one hour late plane from Heathrow the plane to boston was still there. Not a good sign. They had a car ready to take us directly to the plane, the woman driving it said, "Okay, to get ya there on time, we're ganna do a bit of sneaking around." (in an Irish accent of course)

Anyways, I got onto the plane, watched almost an entire movie while they waited to be de-iced. Then the intercom said it might be another hour. 15 minutes later it crackled out again that we should come back tomorrow.

I got off the plane and waited 5 hours in line to have the service close with one person in front of me. I feel so much worse for the girl in front of me than I do for myself. There was an announcement every 5 minutes it seemed that there was free internet and that we should reschedule the tickets online. I tried this, but the system was so over loaded that it would not let you to choose your departing city as dublin, only heathrow, this could be a form or torture.

I don't mean to complain. I rather stay in Dublin a few nights than die on the runway, you know?

Coming off retreat, I thought the behavior exhibited at that airport was over the top and ridiculous. When they closed the service for rescheduling tickets, five policemen came over and made sure the employees safely got away. My favorite line was "You tosser!" by a man in a very nice suit, at an employee who said they were closing.

Zoe came into the rescue calling up the airline (I do not have a phone), and sorting it all out for friday which is the soonest flight that has a chance. I found an inexpensive hotel, and here I am now! Being here at dublin is not bad at all. Being away from home is awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment