Wednesday, December 8, 2010

back home in Maine

This is the snow Dublin could not deal with. It formed a thick slush that would freeze at night and splash during the day. I took this from the window of the awesome b&b where I slept about 22 hours in two days.


Mum and Mabel picked me up from the airport in Boston. The ugly 295 signs greeted me as I entered familiar territory I had missed so much. I was determined to get home for the Portland first friday art-walk, and had managed to catch the end. There I met up with my dad, Oliver, Isaac, and Mark, it felt so good to see them!

I managed to find my romantic friend in a triangular shaped cafe where a lot of congress street people hangout (it's a good time). I had wanted to see this person since the first day I left, some 135 days ago, but who was counting?


After I finished several more reunions with friends, family, and pets, things began to settle and suddenly it became Christmas! Dad and I went and got this tree, we picked the smallest one and cut it in half. Oliver joined us to decorate it, and the tree only fell over once!



Jenny Holzer came to Portland, she spoke, and presented some of her work on the Museum's walls. I was really amazed by her use of words and tolerating the strange Portland folk. 


I think I did something wrong.


Tonight my dad and I watched "The Real Dirt on Farmer John" which I highly recommend. Maybe the movie spoke so much to me because of my experience on farms, but I think it's really easy to get this film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment