Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1st day of classes at college

Today was the first day of classes and I had four. There was soaking rain all day and I have a head cold. Not a smooth start but honestly it was not that bad. I have discovered there are lots of crazy professors. I am taking a lot of classes that really interest me and I am considering adding another course.

100_4537


Back to the rain, it poured. It has been raining for three days straight and the ground cannot obsorb any more water. What really causes the problems here are the roads being near and at the same level to the rivers. The kids who live at Pine Lake were evacuated but all will definitely be fine, the dock just might float away again.

This is the freshman housing at Pine Lake when there is not a downpour of rain. Under the blue and white stripped tent is where we had the contra dance.

100_4538

This is also the stone bench my group made under a tree as a class project. Beyond the bench you can see the swimming area in the lake, it is warm on the surface but very cold underneath.

100_4539


Today I got into the school radio. I had about a 30 second chat with a disc jockey (maybe DJ Slice?) and I should be emailed by the station soon. It was definitely 80's rock and roll style, there was also a skeleton in the control room.

I am glad I am in the woods. The campus is becoming beautiful, the leaves already begin to slowly turn color. At night deer come and graze on the grass. One evening there were two fauns sleeping near the path I walk to go back to my dorm. They did not seem to care about my presence even though I was less than 50 or so feet away.

100_4542


I took this photograph during one of the few moments without rain. This is the valley, you can sort of see some parts of the downtown. You can also see how many trees are here....

100_4544


This is not by dorm, but it is close by.

100_4545


I am very curious as to what this place looks like early in the morning on a clear day.

1 comment:

  1. how were the classes? what classes are you taking? why did you have four of them in one day? which class are you thinking of adding?

    ReplyDelete