Sunday, November 13, 2011

Apples & Compost

100_4714

I spent several hours laboring on the compost. I insulated, gave slight turn, and removed an entire wheelbarrow load of digested soil that had leaked from the bottom. I then spread it on the garden, all while being watched by a highly photogenic chipmunk that did not mind my presence. In fact, the chipmunk was completely inthralled with me, and even allowed several close up shots. 

100_4716

Later that evening, I climbed the apple tree in the dark, and shook it until literally hundreds of apples fell from the branches. The deer will be pleased. Hugging the trunk high up in the boughs I looked out through tunnels of leaves and fruit.

100_4723

100_4720

Beat up and bruised the apples were transported by the four of us: Alyssa, Jason, Shannon, and I, and fed into cider press in the basement of the lodge. We pressed the mashed up bits and produced 2-3 gallons. Markee finished baking cookies in the same moment we did, a small exchange occurred. 

100_4732

100_4734

I recently shelled out $30 on comic producing software. I am making a comic for a project in Understanding Religion. It will be about the need for the presence of death, a time limit on life, to push humans to do what they want to do. I will talk about the philosophy of jumping, climbing, and the old fashion race car driving of Sir Stirling Moss. I will probably post it up on this blog when completed.

100_4701

Mug Shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment