Saturday, December 3, 2011

Orchesis and other events in the sky

Orchesis

Hartwick puts on an awesome event known as Orchesis, a collection of all the dance classes from the semester preforming over two hours. This was the best photo I could get unfortunately. But, there were some amazing dances that varied from ballet to modern pop. There was also an excellent dance about abuse in a typical heterosexual relationship but it didn't end well for the guys rather in a mutual peace. Still it was really good.

Earlier that evening I attended an anti-fracking presentation which was so-so. There were a lot of feelings expressed but I am much more curious about the science and philosophy. I still despise it, but enjoy this problem over other energy issues since for once the crisis is on our land, diversion is not an option.

My friend Shannon who lives at the lake with us has a pilots license, but not a drivers license. She took these photos on Saturday when she flew over Hartwick and Pine Lake. She's flying again tomorrow (Sunday,) but won't take me up on my dare to drop eggs on Hartwick.

DSCN0790

DSCN0767

DSCN0774

No comments:

Post a Comment