Friday, December 2, 2011

Empty Bowls

The dean beat me to the red bowl!

Thursday evening my economics of poverty class joined up with clay club to host an event known as empty bowls. Any student can make bowls, which was also one of my class requirements, but the art majors glaze them, which helps a lot. Bowls are made, restaurants donate soup, and customers pay $15 to pick out a bowl, eat out of it, then bring it home. The profit is 100% and goes directly to charities and soup kitchens in Oneonta. 

There were a lot of beautiful bowls to say the least.

Empty Bowls Event

I wish I made this

Empty Bowls Event

Empty Bowls Event

Jen couldn't pick.

Decision making

2 comments:

  1. oooh, those bowls are so pretty! you should definitely join "clay club."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! Sort of. I will be much more involved next semester. It's open to everybody, come visit and make a mug!

    ReplyDelete