Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bailey.

I have moved into a Cabin out at Pine Lake called Bailey. Bailey is a 34 year post and beam building that has a lot of windows. It's heated mostly by a pellet stove that smokes more than it makes flames. So far we have seen around -9ºF, or -22.7ºC for my friends over seas. I afraid to say we will probably get colder this weekend. Bailey does not act well around those temperatures. Never the less, sleeping on the second floor ensures I am always warm if not sweating.

IMG_2378

I am realizing everything has names around here. This is Baxter, Brié's car. Yes it runs well, and yes it is very loud inside. I sometimes can't believe I live with someone who's dream car was an original VW purple bug back to the age of 15. It's kind of awesome, I think.

IMG_2380

-Some exploring was done-

The river behind Pine Lake.


IMG_2360

The precariously balanced bridge.

IMG_2365

Zoë hung out for a couple of days to play the banjo and sit in on my eastern philosophy of consciousness class.

Banjo Girl

The boat house is her favorite cabin here. 

IMG_2338

No comments:

Post a Comment