Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sauna Night

I continue my cool job as Sauna Caretaker. Sometimes it's actually work. Splitting wood is a very popular volunteering job, but moving the split wood from the woodshed to the sauna is not. I like to stack it in the sauna so the smell of wood is present.

Wood for the Sauna to eat

Last night I lite the fire for the sauna, walked outside and saw a silver animal gliding across the frozen lake. It was much larger than a cat, I'm guessing it to be a coyote, but I did not see legs, and I did not see eyes. Slightly intimidated by its mystery I went back in the sauna to make sure the fire caught in the stubborn wood stove. When I left the sauna to go sit in the office I saw there were three more of these silver animals out on the lake. It was very strage as they glided quickly and silently into the shadows to escape the reach of my flashlight.

Pine Lake Sauna

No comments:

Post a Comment