Monday, June 4, 2012

Rain, Art, Crosses.

I originally wrote this on the front porch of my cabin at Pine Lake on May 22nd. Enjoy.

I'm sitting on my front porch while it it pouring rain. There is slight smell of molding wood.


Green TeaI have been drinking tea and writing final papers. I was lucky and got by this semester without having to take a test, just lots and lots of papers.









The Miyazaki creature in nature habitat. I broke off his arm again for the millionth time, I need to go buy more superglue.

Who's there?
 
Much of my art has been inspired from Koyaanisqatsi.

Exterior of historic jug I made.

This is my historic recreation piece in completion. I have to go outside and stick it in the ground. A lot of this piece was experimenting with the iron wash, making a gigantic piece, and texture.


Historic Jug

I have been obsessed with this location in spain, it's a cross, but more in the way of the intersection of the Spanish civil war, a tomb, a church, and where Franco rest. I have a connection to spain, so when I watched Balada triste de trompetam, which was renamed in english The Last Circus, I was immediately captured. I can only vaguely describe it as a dark psycho sexual violent movie with insight to some actual human flaws, it is not anywhere close to the American style of horror film. It really is incredibly violent and desturbing though, don't watch it unless you enjoy Darren Aronofski flims. This film might be up David Meiklejoh's alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment