Tuesday, December 4, 2012

At the end of semester three...

I got back to school after a lovely break and seemed to immediately go on a field trip to Zen Mountain Monastery located an hour and a half from Hartwick. Originally the main building was built by Christian monks, later over taken by communist who tore out the jesus seen below, briefly became a summer camp for kids, then the godless buddhist came and restored Jesus to his place on the front. I loved this trip, the main abbot is a potter.

Zen Mountain Monastery

Below is much of the work I cranked out before break.

Max Holden Ceramics

I eventually took the artist statement out of the middle as it was hard to look at. This is my sophomore review -minus a few pieces- it's a major review which I had two weeks to prepare for that is required of all art majors (which I decided to become two weeks before this review.) Currently I am double majoring in art and religious studies.

Sophomore Review

Meanwhile, in the foundry, students were pouring hot aluminum...

Pouring aluminum.Pouring aluminum. (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment