Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving Break 2012 pt. 1

It snowed at Pine Lake, suddenly it was time to return home for a few days.

Snowy Strawbale

After a weekend of wheel throwing (the deadline for wet clay work was right before break,) I loaded up the electric kilns for a bisque firing and left with dry, cracked, occasionally bleeding hands -luckily they quickly recovered.

Dry clay hands.

At home I got to admire Oliver's basement museum of high school art and got really excited to see what was going to come home from San Francisco 

Oliver's Basement Gallery

I had patiently waited three months to see the ocean, this is at Wolfe's Neck State Park, I'm always amazed by how incredibly clean the ocean is on the Maine coast. For some reason, this broken coastline has a different feeling unlike any other.

Coast of Maine

Sunset #2

I made this piece I call Pagoda, it's constructed of discarded railroad bits left behind when the track near my house was repaired for passenger trains to run on.

Railroad Bits Pagoda

No comments:

Post a Comment