Sunday, January 27, 2013

Watching the Animals

As ridiculous as this seems, I think the dog/cat sitting deserves a blogpost. It has been a lot of work even though there has been only one accident of peeing in the kitchen. I write this with a dog in my lap. I'm watching two dogs, two cats, and helping out Rebecca, my younger sister, with rides to school and my attempts to cook dinner while doing an internship and throwing in the basement if there is any spare time. Things mostly go smoothly.

I can tell the dogs are getting cabin fever. I feel bad, I want to walk them, but the recent arctic winds that freezes that harbor over at low tide tells me they would disapprove. In fact, they don't like to ride in the car with me anymore because it takes 15 minutes to heat up. Ollie violently shivers and stares at me in anguish while we drive around town.

I keep all the animals except Rebecca in a room with a heated tile floor at night incase of accidents. At 6:30 I open that door and there is a canine explosion that runs out followed by relaxed and bored cats. When I feed them their hot and still partially frozen meat pellets out Ollie nearly takes my fingers, once he bit the plate.

Mabel has continued to worshiping her satanic corner in our living room, there are probably mice, but I love that she just stares at a blank piece of wall.

My dog is still possessed!

At midnight I let them out one last time and then literally swaddle them with a blanket in there bed in the tiled room. Ollie usually howls for half an hour then goes to sleep.

Babushka!

No comments:

Post a Comment