Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Farmer's Market

Every Saturday framers get up, often at 3 a.m. or early to pack up and get to the market at around 7 or earlier. The result is a really fun market in Deering Oaks in Portland. I am a continual customer of the majority of farmers there. I have even worked for a couple of the farms.


A lot of artist sell work here too. Seedlings, meats, pickled goods, and music can always be expected to be found here.


But what really makes the Farmer's Market nice is the park. It was designed by this dead white guy named Frederwick Law Olmsted, who also happened to design Central Park. The park is called Deering Oaks because of its massive old oak trees. Here is Zoe and I in one that fell last winter.



I have a feeling this is one of the places I will miss when away.



And here is Zoe. She is very beautiful.



We had a really nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment