Saturday, May 22, 2010

Senior Final Word

is this project where you get no descriptor or grading.... it is just your final words as a high schooler and you really can say whatever you want. I had a fairly heavy piece I read, but it was nice to get things out there. Zoe gave me this rock (ironic I know, but extremely sweet) to hang onto during my entire speech.


So I really do love my high school, I have only gone to it for 2 years, but I can live with that, its sad I am graduating so soon. I do feel as well that I really need to get out of there, and it will, in the end, certainly be nice to move on. But as you can see below, its not really much of a normal high school.


In fact, its really mostly a funny high school. This is a mural that a school that we share the building with painted at least 15+ years ago. I call it the suicide mural, because most of the characters in it are trying to kill themselves or look like they have thoughts of doing so. A pretty dark mural for a place that is often dark in life. So, for example, here we have a young lady sticking a screw driver into the wall outlet! She is definitely on something....



Well as crazy and funny as high school was here is my AP Environmental Science class minus zoe and a few others. We had a lot of fun, and it was a fairly serious (traditional) class. It had to be, since its a class for a test. How unlike my school curriculum!

 

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the picture of that woman with the screwdriver. reminds me i have to take some pictures of that mural before we graduate. it's one of those things that i don't notice anymore, but every once in a while i remember how absolutely ridiculous it is.

    ReplyDelete