Friday, July 13, 2012

How long until China changes?

I have been gaining much more depth in my understanding and connections in China. It is a country far more complex than the US. It takes years of living in China before one really understands the culture, politics, and how things work. But in my cumulative three months in China one thing that is clear: it's an unstable country headed for change.

Sunset in Guangzhou

In the next five to ten years there will be a lot of change in the government role. The top 1% in China have left over the last decade, they're completely gone now. Irreversible damage has been done with the one child policy that should have been faded out in the 90's. Dissatisfaction is growing among everyone. I doubt there will be revolution, but an end is coming to the amount of government control. Some freedom in thought, action, and speech is coming soon -I hope. In many ways anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment