Monday, August 23, 2010

Life @ EcoDharma


Some of you may have noticed it has been a while since my last post. Well, I basically have no internet at EcoDharma, I can sort of check my e-mail if I really, really, really need to. It is a different way of living, and I think I am enjoying it. I am sitting in a cafe 2 towns over, there cigarette burns in the table. 

I would say I  have become a tougher person (not at Chuck Noris level yet). I am not talking socially, I am talking wearing the same clothes for so long they become clean again. On the weekends I go out and say I will come back before dinner, I usually am. You can walk a day in almost any direction and not see a soul. There are tons of abandoned homes in the area, in the caves you can find cans of food.

Nick and I climbed over the ridge into the park just behind EcoDharma. There was a pile of steel that had been forgotten by the park, we helped ourselves to this excellent building material. We took the entire pile, 100-150 pounds. With the steel on our backs we could not fit through the 2 foot hole from which we entered the park. We went to the cliffs edge where part of the fence had fallen off. Then shuffeled along a 3 inch ledge until we were on the other side of the fence. It was a big drop, 25 meters to the first landing, the whole thing must have been 150 meters.



We had P-Day (Pickle). We made about 20 liters of pickled zucchini and cabbage. We still have cucumbers to go!


The rocks change their color all day, but they are lit up best early in the morning or as the sun sets.




Here is the closest town, 9 people live here year-round.


I went on a walk to the "pools" but totally over shot them. I found an 8 meter waterfall, and an allo vera plant taller than me!




It's nice here. Miss you all.

2 comments:

  1. yay, a blog post! pickles look good; i've been making lots of pickles recently too. you look good. i'm so glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete