Sunday, August 1, 2010

strange experiences of which I do not have any photos of

Iris and I noticed it was a clear night after dinner, so we walked up the hill away from the light of the town to look at the stars. I kept hearing an animal moving but I didn't say anything to Iris, she was already partially freaked out. The moon began to rise over the mountains, it was huge, bright, amazing, and it made it difficult to see the stars. So we headed back to the house.

As we walked along the road the moon was to my left, as well as a 9 ft wall holding back the earth. I heard something walking, Iris noticed it too, I looked behind us on the road, nothing. It was a one lane dirt road that was now sort of visible in the moonlight. The noises continued, it definitely was not human.

I looked up at the moon, and there was an animal. It was walking right beside us on top of the wall only a few feet from me. Since it was directly infront of the moon it made a perfect silhouette, I could see the animal perfectly, but with no color. It was much larger than a cat, my first guess was a fox, but foxes are terrified of humans. It was over a foot tall, skinny as a cat, with a gigantic tail. It had strange proportions to be a fox, and it was larger. I began to feel fear as I realized this was definitely a wild animal, and one that I was not familiar with.

Iris began walking on my right, putting me between her and the animal. We walked faster, we could see the light of the street lamp in the distance. I looked back up at the wall, the animal was gone. Maybe we were okay.

Then I made the mistake of looking behind, and there 20 ft back was a dark figure trotting behind us at the same pace. Shit. We upped our pace, but did not run, the animal began to catch up, coming with in only a few feet. I am guessing we walked for more than a minute with this animal on our tail. Iris was freaking out, I could feel I was too, at least I am vaccinated for rabies. I could feel the hair stand up on my body as I kept glancing at the light ahead, and back at the animal, planning out what to do when it jumped for one of us.

When we were almost in the light, the animal was close, Iris yelled at it, the animal slowed down, almost confused. We dashed into the light of the street lamp, the animal stopped at the edge of the darkness, paused thinking for a second, then turned around and left.

3 comments: