Sunday, August 8, 2010

see you later Barcelona

Well it is time for me to leave Barcelona. I am heading up north to Lleida, where hopefully I am going to stay with Iris and her folks for a night or two. I need some time to catch up on backing photos, journaling, laundry, maybe get a hair cut.... you know. Definitely by wednesday I will be at EcoDharma again.

I want to tell you a little story first. I jumped onto the subway, no idea where it was going as usual, and ended up in some of the Olympic stadiums with some ugly art. I think it was the tennis courts and some other fields, but the experience was extremely strange. Not a soul was around, I must have walked 9 or 10 blocks in these giant structures not seeing anybody. I felt like I was in a post-apocalyptic movie.



Things have grown in a bit.


Pyromaniacs?


I did eventually pass these people. Then got onto the nearest subway heading down town, a bit freaked out by the area.


Later that day I went to the market again.


I have been vegetarian since I have been in Spain, I will probably continue this. It is funny, when I hangout with the locals they're more worried about finding me meatless food than I am. It's kind of them.


My hostel is on the edge of the Islamic district, the Jewish district is the next one over, I like to spend time there as well. In the Islamic district there is a large square lined with middle eastern food that is cheap and amazing, I will miss it. The prostitute street is next to it, it is difficult seeing that.




If I remember correctly the old building on the right is the poor mans hospital where Gaudi died.

No comments:

Post a Comment