Saturday, June 5, 2010

19th Birthday & Graduation!

I am 19 now. I also graduated on my birthday with this nice young lady.


She gave me a panini iron for my birthday, an awesome gift. That whole day was crazy, first we sat in the Merrill Auditorium and practiced for 3 hours.


I lucked out that my parents actually got a seat near me, I sat towards the right side, away from the speakers.


About an hour after getting my diploma they packed us (all 43 I believe) onto a bus and we went up to the Bath YMCA for project grad. Project grad is basically lock down for the entire night, in which you stay up all night and play games. Zoe and I played a bit of racket ball, it was a lot of fun. My dad ran a poker table, the requirement to play was you had to dress up in one of the many costumes he brought to the YMCA. 


We passed out around 1:30a.m. on this mat and slept for maybe 2 hours before the "auction". The "auction" was this idea where we all received play money over the coarse of the night after we completed each game. At the end of project grad we had an "auction" where we used the play money to buy things that would be useful in college. Zoe got some school supplies and Fun Town tickets, I was mostly asleep and unaware of what was happening.



I really like these two crazy photos above and below, I figured out how to leave the shutter open longer on my camera. It describes that mourning and previous night well. We were bused back to school at 6a.m. with a hot breakfast ready, none of us could really eat much.  Over all it was a really fun experience and has taken a full 2 days to recover from.

No comments:

Post a Comment