Monday, June 7, 2010

The Devil's Bay Trail

Okay. It was really on the tourist side for me. But I got to admit it was pretty cool.


Basically due to some geology miracle these boulders, larger than most houses, are piled up on the side of an island, making these caves.




Oliver is getting ready to jump off that rock, you can see our guide next to me-just below in the water.



This is very.... Oliver.



So after we did this jump our guide starting talking about proving manhood or something. Basically, it was time to do the real jump, and it was not easy to get to.



It does not look that high from this picture, but it was 30+ feet. The scary part was you had to jump into a "hole", which meant, "Don't hit the rocks! Jump into the small are where there is deep water!" The "hole" was about 8 feet in diameter.


All I can remember about jump and feeling crazy was I breathed in and out a couple of times while in mid-air before hitting the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment