Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Arriving at EcoDharma

Once at EcoDharma I received a tour from Ella. We started at the garden where I met Lou (also British).


The scenery was amazing! But everything is sharp, from the rocks to the plants. One plant is very potent and causes a lot of pain, I stepped in it at least 12 times, they are all over the place.


This is where Ella lives, it is a WWII Arctic Warfare vehicle specially designed to drive on ice. It has been modified a bit, the compartment on the back is a cooler and then another compartment for a mobile-home was added over the cab. Pretty awesome if you ask me.


There has to be at least 6-7 yurts, but I would not be surprised if there was more than 10. EcoDharma is on the side of a mountain, it has many buildings, yurts, and ruins. The highest building is half ruins but also contains our second kitchen.



We eat here sometimes for lunch, dinner is on a more proper table, which is actually a door.


I swear I might have found the craziest cat alive. Her name is Grandma and she is 4, she is 1 of 3 cats on EcoDharma. Being left alone for days at a time might have done some psychological damage. When I use the latrine she sits with me to make sure everything is going okay. The latrine is very cool, it is a double seater back to back with a great view, it's also sort of open on 3 sides, but who cares?



1 comment:

  1. awwwwwww. so fun to read your blog! it's storming here in kansas and it makes me miss you.

    ReplyDelete