Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So I got onto a plane to Spain

After many days of really hard goodbyes I finally got onto the plane in Logon and flew with the Belfast high school soccer team to Dublin. From there I went to Barcelona and stepped out of the Airport into this.


Surprisingly the bus does not go to the bus station, I had to unexpectedly cross Barcelona which included walking a portion of it. I was standing on sidewalk with my back to the street, and the bus pulled up until it was in contact with my back, I was certainly surprised. Barcelona seems crazier than New York! The driver looked shockingly similar to Eliot Coleman and was one of few who gave me good directions that day.


Above you can see me with no sleep! And here is the countryside, it really is a desert, but don't tell anybody.


Once I reached Isona after 4 hours the bus driver actually got off the bus with me and tried to help me find my ride, which was just across the street! There I met Ella from Ecodharma who had a large white landrover. We drove out of town and up a valley, the pavement ended pretty quickly. Ella explained that some of the time the road could not be passed from either being washed out or boulders or anything else. The landrover tipped and turned I swear at one point 45 degrees, branches dragged across the sides of the vehicle the whole way.


No comments:

Post a Comment