Saturday, July 24, 2010

Similar language is spoken in meth labs

Well, I missed coffee, among other things. All the bars are cafes in the morning, but it is not the same as some plain old manual dripped coffee with milk and maple syrup. Both Iris and Eulalia think coffee is terrible, so I had to improvise a bit. To feed my addiction I went into at least 5 different grocery looking for the $3 manual coffee dripper, but no luck, I bought some coffee and filters anyways. Coffee isn't bad out of an olive jar.



July is towards the end of the dry season, thunderstorms form over the mountains in the evening teasing the dry country side. Each day the storms draw closer and closer, sometimes with short, quick showers. The roof leaks a lot in my room, but mostly the water runs down my scrambled egg colored walls.



This is right after it rained for 10 minutes, probably the longest shower.



1 comment: