Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jumbled

I am finishing up my last weekend at dad's tomorrow. We tried to by the last of my supplies for my trip today but failed because the store is missing anything in size from 10-12 for the kind of shoe I need. 

"The trip" coming up has always felt real, for me there is no "oh shit I am going through with this". It's going to be really hard leaving home. Really hard. I know I can do it. Maybe I should have picked easier places to go to....

I am actually leaving 3 "families". Trust me, they are all different. The only thing they share in common is they helped me so much. Point is, it is 3x harder to leave my situation than what would be normally, maybe.

I had my last "first friday art" walk for a while. I am already looking forward to the next one, which isn't too far away.


Okay, a happier part. Today Zoe, Mark, and I climbed Pleasant Mountain. I believe it was my 3rd summit on that mountain, and the most pleasant of all the hikes.


These mushrooms were almost in the trail, I am surprised they were not flat.



This is where I would like to live if I ever grow up. Or maybe just have the front of my house look like this.


At the top of the mountain there is a fire tower left over from the days of fire.



The whole hike was about 4 hours. It may have been less, but there were a lot of wild blueberries.


1 comment:

  1. we're going to miss you, max. it'll be strange not seeing your flipflops by the door and your car in the driveway...

    ReplyDelete